Sunday, November 29, 2009

Martha, don't be jealous.

I was off for Thanksgiving Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. We had Coby's side of the family's Thanksgiving on Wednesday evening, went to my parents on Thursday, and then headed to the lake Saturday and Sunday.
My parents wanted me to bring dessert and the sweet potatoes. I decided to do it up big time. Every thing from scratch. Cut my own apples (AR black apples to be exact), made my own crust, and used REAL pumpkin! Everything turned out well. The apple pie was a bit dry but live and learn. I'll add some apple juice next time. There will be a next time because I found this all very enjoyable. If you have never made your own pie crust I urge you to do so. It sounds intimidating but is SO easy (esp with a food processor).





Sorry the set of pictures is incomplete...the pumpkin pie was gone before I could snap a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment