Friday, November 5, 2010

Compassion

Just wanted to give you all an update on Rani, the girl we sponsor through Compassion. I have received another letter from her telling me all about her school and friends. I also received an updated picture and my how she has grown!
Here is the first picture I received. It was taken when they were looking for a sponsor for her. I'm not sure how old she was here.

Here is the more recent picture. She is 8 here. She looks so much older. She almost has a smile and her eyes look a little more alive, not so scared. I love it!!

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed this experience. I get so excited when I get something in the mail from her. I recently sent an extra $20 for Christmas. The local Compassion center people in Bangladesh will get her a present she will enjoy. I also found some paper dolls at Barnes and Noble that I plan on sending. You can only send things that can fit in a regular sized envelope so I thought this was a good choice. I have also been sending pages out of a girls Bible and coloring sheets.
If you are interested in sponsoring a kid go here. I know it is a huge commitment so if you aren't quite ready for that you can become a prayer partner or even just make a one time donation for Christmas time. Compassion makes sure all of the kids in all of their programs get gifts during Christmas even if they don't have a sponsor.
Just a little something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment