Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bon Appetit

We went to see "Julie & Julia" yesterday and I highly recommend it. I'm not a huge movie buff but I would totally purchase this one. Meryl Streep might have an Oscar on the way. It was funny, informative, heartfelt, and entertaining. The movie is based on Julia Child's life combined with the true story of a woman who cooked her way through Julia's cookbook while blogging about it. I'm asking for the complete set of Julia Child's cooking show on DVD for Christmas. I deem her WAY cooler than Martha!
After the movie we ran some errands and then came home to cook some dinner. Coby grilled corn and steak and made some purple hull peas he got at the farmers market. I have to say that these were by far the BEST peas I have every eaten. He also got the dogs some treats at the NLR farmers market. His friend, Jason, (they used to work at the catering co. together) and his wife started Frank & Izzy's dog food. They make "food", which we use as treats, from mostly AR products...sweet potatoes, spinach...and chicken or beef. They are reasonably priced and the boys love them more than beggin' strips!
That's been about it for our weekend. We've had a lazy day after church and plan doing some ironing and having beer can chicken for dinner. Never had it so we'll see.
School starts on Wednesday for me. I had to option of starting next Monday and work 3extra days at the end of the year but I know I would regret making that choice in mid-June. So Wednesday it is. Back to life. Back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment