Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Eve Eve!

I am really lacking inspiration to blog lately. A lot going on but nothing overly exciting. I offically started Christmas break on Monday and don't go back until the first of the year. Monday was spent cleaning the house. I mean CLEANING! The dogs got baths, the bathrooms and kitchen scrubbed, floors swept, mopped, and vacuumed. The majority of Christmas shopping has been completed for weeks. I am the queen of online shopping. I had a few things left to get and went out yesterday. I was dredding it because of the crazyness 3 days before Christmas (why I shop online). Suprisingly it was not bad. I lucked into front row parking spaces at all the stores. I will say that Target had NO, NO ONE, cart in the store. I had to wait for someone who was leaving and snag their cart. Other than that the experience was quite pleansant and productive. I also went a got my car washed an detailed. It's like a whole new car (it hadn't been washed in a year, no kidding).
Since I am off for the next two weeks I feel like I should do some real cooking. I cook a few times during the week normally but it's a rushed, half-hearted meal because I feel rushed. So far this week we have had spagetti and meatballs and fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Tonight is roast with potatos and carrots. The rest of the menu consists of a shrimp gumbo casserole, manicotti, and enchalitas. I plan on making a double batch of these and freezing it.
Our Christmas plans are as follows. Christmas Eve at my parents then church. Christmas morning at Coby's brothers house for breakfast. Christmas day at my parents, and Christmas night at Coby's parents. People always say how lucky we are that our families are both here so we don't have to travel and we are. But we also feel obligated to be everywhere because we all live so close but I wouldn't have it any other way. When we got married everything just feel into place. Both of our Christmas traditions fit together like a puzzle, neither family had to change anything. Busy but fun.
Well I think the rain has slowed so I need to make it to the grocery store for some chocolate pecan pie fixin's. Sorry for the boring post. Maybe next time I can post Christmas presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment