Friday, June 18, 2010

Ready, Set, Robot!

My friend, Kat, has put together this very unique virtual 5K. I have been using the iphone app C25k. AKA, Couch to 5K. Soon after I started Kat starting looking for participants in her virtual 5K. It was great motivation so I signed up. I have never run a 5K before and figured this was the best way to start. I would run by myself, less pressure, and post about my accomplishment. Love it!
She let the participants vote on a shirt. And then sent out these.


This is the route I ran this evening. I had planned on running it this morning but we ended up going to our nephews' baseball games instead. I set out about 7:00 p.m. The robot gods smiled upon me and sent in some clouds and a few sprinkles to keep things cool. Cool? Scratch that. Let's try a few degrees less than HOT AS HELL.

Now I'm not gonna lie. I did walk about 3 minutes, up a huge hill. I could either walk the hill and make it home or run the hill and roll back down. Other than that I feel really good about my accomplishment. I pushed myself harder, physically, than I have in a long time.


My fantastic husband had this lovely meal waiting on me.
Salad with cucumber, feta, and kalamata olives. I have been addicted to kalamata olives lately.

Oh, and beer.
Green beans, tomato, baked potato, and flat iron steak.

What a great experience. Thanks so much to Kat for organizing! Can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment