Monday, June 7, 2010

School's Out For Summer!

Today was my last day!!! The kids actually go tomorrow but I have camp training tomorrow and Wednesday. It was a good year but I am glad it is over. I have lots of plans to clean out the closets and get some organization done around the house. I am also looking forward to San Francisco and spending some time at the lake.
This past weekend was my birthday. It was very low key and I was able to spend some much needed time with my hubby. Friday night we had dinner with my parents. Saturday we went to a fundraiser. It was a gumbo cook off. A little warm for gumbo but they did have Tragikly White. There were not very many people there so it was like a private concert and was actually a lot of fun. Coby even got them to wish me a happy birthday in the middle of one of their sets. Which is way better than waiters putting a sombrero on you and singing a Spanish version of "Happy Birthday"! Sunday we just lazed about the house and took an afternoon drive. I got some sewing done. I made Coby some aprons and started my first dress. It's a work in progress and I'll let you know how it turns out.
Coby got me a nice pair of polarized sunglasses (well worth the money) and a docking station for my phone. My parents got me some Vera Bradley travel bags and a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble. A pretty good birthday.
Friday night was also this little one's actual birthday.
Meet Weston Joseph Hare. The son of out dear friends, Dee and Dave.
He had a little bit of a rough start but all is well now and we are so happy he is here.



We have a busy rest of the week including the AR Diamond Chef Ball. I'll be sure to take some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment