Friday, July 31, 2009

feeding an obsession

More weddings here.

We got married at the church I have attended since childhood, Asbury United Methodist Church. I had my best friends (obviously) as my bridesmaids. Lindsay was my maid of honor. We were in the same sorority in college and were roommates for a few years. Carrie was also in our sorority and lived with me for awhile when we lived to LR. Dee and Jenny and I are three peas in a pod. It's hard to even explain how we got to know each other but I know it's a friendship that will last.

Coby had his dad as his best man. He also had his 2 brothers, 1 uncle, and 2 best friends as he grooms men. Since we had uneven number I decided to have each person walk out with their spouse and kids who were in the congrugration insteads of pairing up the attendents.

All of the nieces and nephews walked down the aisle ringing small bells instead of having a flower girl and ring bearer. How could I just choose 2 out of 6?!

The colors of the ceremony (and reception) were dark brown and shades of green. My bridesmaids each wore a slightly different style dress that they choose and carried green calla lilies. I carried white calla lilies.

Instead of doing a unity candle or pouring sand we decided to tie a "cord of three strands"
I was able to make my own cord with colors matching the ceremony.
Ecclesiastes 4: 8-12
Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor.
For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up.
Furthermore, if two lie down together they keep warm, but how can one be warm alone?
And if one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart.


My dad had said since I was little that there would be a string quartet in the wedding. I guess you can have whatever you want when you pay!


The ceremony turned out more perfect that I could every imagine.
Next week is wedding receptions!!!

2 comments:

Monica Curry said...

I LOVE your browns and greens! Beautiful...and I especially love the calla lillies...my favorite! Beautiful wedding!

Our Journey to Africa said...

I'm loving your wedding posts since I wasn't able to be there! Keep the pictures coming. I'm a closet WEDDING FREAK. I've done the flowers for three weddings and would LOVE to have a bridal "one stop shop". :)

Post a Comment