Monday, April 5, 2010

He is Risen

Happy belated Easter to everyone. This spring has turned out to be a busy one. We had both our families over for Easter lunch after church on Sunday. I made some homemade rolls (first time ever baking bread) that turned out pretty well. We also had some roasted asparagus and scalloped potatoes, salad, ham, carrot cake, and "bird's nests". Needless to say we ate well and there were not many left overs. I had an egg hunt for the kids. It was lots of fun.
And now pictures...
These letters were on sale for 70% off at Hobby Lobby, ~$4...

plus a little paint. Not bad.

Homemade carrot cake. It was gooooood.


An unfortunate incounter with the new mandoline. Won't be using that again anytime soon. Good thing my husband is an expert at fixing kitchen injuries.

The "bird's nests".

And finally some pics of the kids and the egg hunt.




Hope everyone had as great an Easter as we did!

I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.
Philippians 3:10-12

2 comments:

The Shepherds said...

Whoa, Liza! Y'all went all out!! I am super impressed!

P.S. Golden retriever :)

natalie @ our old southern house said...

those mandolins are brutal! i sliced some of my thumb off at thanksgiving when i was shredding white cheddar for mac 'n cheese. yikes!!!

Post a Comment