Monday, July 19, 2010

Here she is!

So my package from Compassion came in the mail today! I'm not so sure that it's the best idea to post her picture but I assure you she is the cutest little girl. She is 8 years old and her name is Rani. She lives in Bangladesh with her mother, father, and 6 siblings. Her father is sometimes employed as a seller in the market and her mother maintains the home. Rani likes playing with dolls.
Rani lives on the plains of Boalmara where typical houses are constructed of dirt floors, bamboo walls, and tin roofs. Common health problems of the area include malnutrition, skin diseases, and asthma. Average monthly income for a family is equivalent to $29 per month.
This is where she and her family live.

I found the great website on Bangladesh if you would like more information. Remember, Compassion has sponsorships available in 25 different countries.
Compassion lets you send letters as well as pages of a book to your child. Tomorrow I plan on writing a letter to Rani and sending her a few pages of a children's bible, a few coloring sheets, and a bookmark. The plan is to send her the whole children's bible a few pages at a time. I might also see if I can find her some paper dolls.
They sent me an informational DVD. If you are interested let me know and I will mail it to you.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

That is so sweet! Hearing about these families make you realize how fortunate we are in the US. Keep us posted on what you do for her & how she is doing :)

Bon

Post a Comment