Monday, September 13, 2010

From Bangladesh to NYC

Just wanted to do a quick post on my Compassion kid, Rani. I finally got my first letter from her and I was so excited! Someone transcribed for her since she is still a little young to write, and someone then translated it to English. It came on a form letter. Reminded me of those pages you filled out on your first day of school. Who is your best friend? What do you want to be when you grow up? She also drew a picture. Here is a picture of her and her letter on my fridge.



On a different note...I'm going to New York. Yep. I decided I only live once and booked a plane ticket. Then woke up in the middle of the night stressed and regretting it. Coby told me to hush and he didn't want to hear anything about regrets so now I am just being excited and grateful about the experience. I am such a planner that going on a trip with this late of a notice causes heart palpitations. But I'll get over it and learn to just go with the flow. I have no plans and no idea what I am going to do when I get there. So, if you have been to New York please give me any tips or suggestions you have for what to do and see or where to eat. I really am excited about this trip and really can't believe how lucky I am to have this opportunity. Now off to watch the rest of the Bachelor Pad! Trashy yes, but a good way to de-stress!

1 comment:

Tiffany Norris said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! You will love New York. There's so much to do there; it's hard to narrow down the recommendations. The double-decker bus tour of the city is pretty cool to give you an overview and to kind of hit the high touristy spots. Also, if you get a chance to try cheesecake in Little Italy, you won't regret it!

Post a Comment