Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ready, Set,

GO, Go, go. That's what I have felt like lately and I don't think things are going to slow down anytime soon. I've been swamped at work with demanding teachers and a new record (note) keeping program the school has moved to. Not to mention the ever changing bell schedule within our district. This is the third start time of the year for elementary schools which in turn makes it the second schedule I have had to make in order to see all my kids. On top of all this I throw in a trip to NYC!! I have spent the last few days tying up loose ends at work, trying to pack, and getting my hair (I went shorter and darker. I'll try to put up a pic soon), and nails done. Today was spent cleaning house and doing laundry. There is nothing I hate worse than coming home from vacation to a dirty house and a pile of laundry. We also watched the Hogs beat Georgia today by the skin of their teeth. I had to leave the room due to nerves and my husband yelling too loudly at the tv. Good thing the dogs were already at the grandparents house or they would have been hiding out under the bed, at least the brown one anyway. Whaa, whaa just found out that game day will NOT be in Fayettville next Saturday. Oh well, we will be home watching the Hogs take on #1 Alabama. Can't wait!!!! We also ran some errands. Mama got a new pair of walkin' shoes. I knew I needed a comfortable pair but I just really don't like tennis shoes with jeans on me. They always look so clunky. But I knew flats, although comfortable for everyday wear, would make my feet hurt after 4 days of walking around the city. I found a pair like these except mine are all gray with gray laces. They aren't too clunky.

Then we went to my friend Jenny's house. Her birthday (29 v.2) is yesterday and they had a nice get together. Now I am home finishing up laundry and last minute packing. Heading to bed soon. Our flight leaves at 6:15 tomorrow morning. Blah. I HATE early morning anything, but at least we will get there mid afternoon and have the rest of the day. I probably won't be blogging while there but will try to do some twittering and post some pictures that way. I'll also do lots of posts once we get back. Now, to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment